Welcome to the fringe

Feel free to peruse my musings and commentary, and feel free to leave a comment if you like, dislike, or are just amused by something.
I try to cover a little bit of everything, but right now Politics holds my fancy.. Especially since the Rockies are playing so lousy at the moment.

The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this author does not endorse.
But it is the price we pay for the possibility of making a little coin now and again. (like that has been happening).

Friday, May 9, 2008

Clinton goes Nuclear on Race card

I have long held to the belief that once the Clinton political machine got backed into a corner, that something would be said that would finally show Senator Clinton to be a politician that would say or do anything to get elected. Yesterday it finally happened.

Yesterday in a USA Today interview she pretty much dismissed Obama’s ability to be elected president as he would have a hard time winning support from white Americans.

Interview excerpt:
"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

"There's a pattern emerging here," she said.
/end excerpt

Does anyone remember the off the cuff remarks of Bill Clinton’s after the South Carolina primary where he implied that Obama’s win was similar to that of Jessie Jackson previously? Doesn’t sound like such a mis-interpretation now.

Clinton has continuously run a more negative campaign. As the math kept developing into a nearly impossible path to the nomination for her, it was only a matter of time before the vindictive political shrew came out into the open.

In a country founded with a born sin of slavery, a civil war to expunge slavery, and a national movement for civil rights to force equal treatment, the idea that a presidential candidate at this juncture would resort to the obvious and misguided statement that a Black candidate can’t win white support is beyond stupid.

I had said in my previous post after the primaries on May 6th that Clinton was essentially a “Dead candidate walking”. After yesterday, I can only hope that I am correct. Unfortunately, for the Democrats, Clinton may have just put a dagger through the heart of their chance to take both houses and the presidency. She may have divided the Democrat party irrevocably.

Oh and Hillary, if you read this? I’m a White American that not only supports Obama, but will vote for him come November.

2 comments:

toosassy said...

I see that you have indicated that you are an Independent, and that's what I recently figured out that is the right label for my preferences. What do you think about Lou Dobb's ideas in Independents Day? I haven't read it yet, but I'll bet that you at least have read a review. Also, what do you think about Bob Baxter?

toosassy said...

Okay . . just a few minutes ago I had a senior moment . . . where did I come up with "Baxter"? Barrrrr. That's the question. What do you think about Bob Barrrrr?