Welcome to the fringe

Feel free to peruse my musings and commentary, and feel free to leave a comment if you like, dislike, or are just amused by something.
I try to cover a little bit of everything, but right now Politics holds my fancy.. Especially since the Rockies are playing so lousy at the moment.

The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this author does not endorse.
But it is the price we pay for the possibility of making a little coin now and again. (like that has been happening).

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Stop the Screen Logo madness

Once again I am fed up with the continual "network logo" being displayed on nearly every network, cable channel, and satellite channel during the presentation of a show. Do these network big wigs think so little of our intelligence that they think we can't remember what bleeding network our favorite shows are on? Yet that is not the worst of it anymore.

It used to be just the little innocuous little logo down in the bottom right corner of the screen, (except on a 65" HDTV, that little logo is about 6" high and wide) but now they are inundating us with the torture of the bottom screen pop up advertisements during our favorite shows, (which takes up nearly 1/4 of the bottom of the screen and totally wipes out any subtitles) to blithely inform us of the new monster hit miniseries or other up coming show that they are sure we would miss if they didn't blast us with the full width of the screen messages, while we are trying to watch our favorite shows (Does anyone not know that "Frank TV" is on TBS after watching the MLB playoffs?).

One of my favorite channels (starts with "sci" and ends with "fi") has progressed with their on screen pop up advertising and logo placement to the point of annoying my wife so far as to quit watching some shows and actually doing housework during the usual "together" TV time now.

We must band together and end this totalitarian invasion into our living rooms.. write your congressman... (like that would help).... write the network.... (yeah ok that isn't going to do it either).... WAIT!!!! write the FCC!!! (I did that, and they politely told me to find another way to vent my dissatisfaction, but they did recommend that if the logo is burned into my HDTV I should write the manufacturer).

I guess I'll have to wait for the next technological breakthrough in time sliding viewing enjoyment.. the logo remover :)

No comments: