Welcome to the fringe

Feel free to peruse my musings and commentary, and feel free to leave a comment if you like, dislike, or are just amused by something.
I try to cover a little bit of everything, but right now Politics holds my fancy.. Especially since the Rockies are playing so lousy at the moment.

The Google advertisement links below may advocate political positions that this author does not endorse.
But it is the price we pay for the possibility of making a little coin now and again. (like that has been happening).

Monday, December 31, 2007

My favorite things from 2007

Sitting here thinking about the new year with a few hours to go here in Colorado, I started thinking about the great things that happened during 2007. A lot of people tend to keep their focus forward in time, and take too little time to savor or relish those things in the past that have made them happy. So in that vein... here is my list of things that I enjoyed the most in 2007 not necessarily in any ranked order.

  • Being able to watch my first World Series Game in person (thank you Rockies).
  • Being able to finally read "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" while I am still able to read big thick books and feel like a child again (thanks JK Rowling)
  • Being able to watch a truly breathtaking series that combined History and Drama in HBO's Rome season 2 (too bad they said it cost too much to make and let the set catch fire and burn so there won't be a season 3).
  • Finding out that the world of Middle-earth would continue to be brought to the screen courtesy of Peter Jackson (thank you Mr Jackson and New Line for settling your differences from all us J.R.R. Tolkien fans)
  • And finally, another year of health and happiness with the family

See you all Next Year :)

No comments: